The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, is a fantastic device of modern smartphone technology. One of its features that set it apart from others is the cover screen. This small, secondary display allows users to quickly access important information without having to unfold the device.
One of the customizable features of this cover screen is the ability to add widgets, which are mini-applications that run on your home screen.
Among the various widgets available, the Contacts widget is really useful. It allows you to add up to three contacts to the cover screen, making it easy to check messages, make calls, and perform other actions. But what if you’re having trouble adding contacts to this widget, or they’re not showing up as they should?
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of adding contacts to your Galaxy Z Flip 4’s cover screen, and we’ll also provide solutions to some common issues users have reported. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Add Contacts Manually
As we said before, the Contact widget on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 allows you to add up to three of your favorite contacts to the cover screen. Let’s get started on how to add contacts to your cover screen.
- Swipe down from the top of your phone’s screen to open the notification panel.
- Tap on the gear icon to open the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Cover screen’.
- Tap on ‘Widgets’.
- Scroll to find the ‘Contacts’ widget and tap on it.
- You will now see an option to add contacts. Tap on the ‘+’ icon.
- Your phonebook will open. Select the contact you want to add to your cover screen.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to add up to three contacts.
Now, when you swipe left on your cover screen, you should be able to see your selected contacts.
If you can’t see your contacts, don’t worry. This is a common glitch that many Z Flip 4 users have reported. And this is why in the following sections, we are going to guide you through various fixes to resolve this issue.
Fix 01 – Restart the Phone
Restarting your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is the best solution to remove and rule out any temporary software glitches that might be causing the contacts widget to malfunction.
Here’s how you can restart your Galaxy Z Flip 4:
- Press and hold the Power button on the side of your device.
- Once the power menu appears, tap on the Restart option.
- Wait for your device to shut down and restart. This process may take a few moments.
After the restart, swipe on your cover screen to see if your favorite contacts now appear as they should.
Fix 02 – Do a Software Update
Samsung is known for its regular software updates to enhance the user experience and fix any bugs or glitches. So if you’re still experiencing issues with the Contacts widget on your Galaxy Z Flip 4’s cover screen, it could be due to a software glitch that Samsung has already addressed in a recent update.
According to what we found, the major Android 13 update, along with other minor bug fixes, has been released by Samsung and this also includes fixes for the contact widget glitch.
Before you start the update process, make sure your device is charged and connected to a stable WiFi or Mobile data connection (this is to prevent any interruptions during the update).
Here are the steps to update your Galaxy Z Flip 4:
- Head over to Settings.
- Tap on Battery and device care.
- Tap on Software update.
- Then, tap on Download and install.
Your device will restart and the update process will begin. Once it’s done, your device will restart again. Check if the Contacts widget on your cover screen is working properly now.
Fix 03 – Refresh the Cover Screen Contacts Widget
Refreshing the contacts widget on the cover screen can also potentially fix this problem, here’s how you can refresh the Contacts widget:
- Open the Settings app on your Galaxy Z Flip 4.
- Scroll down and tap on Cover screen.
- In the next screen, tap on Widgets.
- You’ll see a list of widgets that you can add to your cover screen. Find the Contacts widget and tap on it.
- Now, you’ll see a switch next to the Contacts widget. If it’s already turned on, turn it off and then turn it back on multiple times. This action refreshes the widget.
- After doing this, make sure to leave the switch in the On position.
Now, go back to your cover screen and swipe to see if your contacts are showing up.
Fix 04 – Come Back to Home Screen Without Saving Contacts on Contacts Widget
In this case, we’re going to try a trick that many Galaxy Z Flip 4 users have found helpful. This trick involves adding the contacts to the cover screen, but instead of saving the changes, you simply go back to the main screen. This forces the system to automatically save the changes you made.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Navigate to the Contacts widget on your cover screen.
- Add the contacts as you normally would.
- Instead of tapping on ‘Save’ or ‘Done’, simply press the home button or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to return to the main screen.
Fix 05 – Reset All Settings
It is possible that the problems you’re facing with your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4’s cover screen may be due to misconfigurations or bugs within your device’s settings. These issues can interfere with the functionality of your cover screen, preventing displaying contacts on your cover screen widget.
Please note that resetting all settings will not erase any personal data or apps, but it will remove all your personalized settings and any customizations you’ve made to your device’s display and sound settings.
Here’s how to reset all settings on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4:
- Head over to Settings.
- Go to General management.
- Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Reset all settings.
After the process is complete, you can try adding contacts to your cover screen widget again to see if the issue has been resolved.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4’s cover screen has a fantastic feature that allows you to keep your favorite contacts within easy reach. However, it can occasionally experience glitches. We hope that our step-by-step guide has helped you to successfully add contacts to your cover screen and troubleshoot any issues you may have encountered.