Some Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 users have reported an issue where the screen of their device turns off automatically when the phone is unfolded.
Most of the time, this issue arises due to a manufacturing defect. However, software glitches and bugs can also be the culprits causing your Galaxy Z Flip’s screen to turn off unexpectedly.
In this guide, we will address both the software and hardware aspects of this issue and provide you with effective solutions to resolve them. Keep reading…
Table of Contents
Fix 01: Do a Forced Restart
When your Samsung Z Flip’s screen keeps turning off or going black, one of the simplest solutions is to perform a forced restart.
This process clears out any temporary glitches in the Android system that may be causing the screen to turn off unexpectedly. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button simultaneously.
- Continue holding these two buttons down until the device vibrates and restarts.
- Once the Samsung logo appears on the screen, release both buttons.
Fix 02: Clean the Hinge
The problem might also be as simple as a dirty hinge. Dust can accumulate in the hinge over time and cause the phone to malfunction or even the screen to flicker. This can result in the screen turning off unexpectedly when the phone is unfolded.
Here’s how you can clean the hinge of your Galaxy Z Flip:
- Close the phone carefully to prevent any damage to the screen.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe the hinge. Avoid using any harsh chemicals or water as this can damage the device.
- Open and close the phone a few times to dislodge any dust or debris that might be stuck in the hinge.
- Restart your device to check if the problem persists.
Note: Do not use compressed air to clean the hinge as this could potentially damage the internal components of your Z Flip 3.
Fix 03: Do a Software Update
Software updates come with bug fixes that can resolve issues like this. To update your Galaxy Z Flip’s software, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung Z Flip.
- Scroll down and tap on Software update.
- Tap on Download and install.
- If an update is available, tap on Install now.
Make sure your device is connected to a charger to prevent the device from turning off during the update process.
Fix 04: Take Your Z Flip 3 to a Samsung Repair Center
If the above solutions have not solved the problem, it’s possible that your Galaxy Z Flip 3 has a manufacturing defect. In this case, the best thing you can do is to take your device to a Samsung Repair Center.
Here are the steps to do that:
- Visit the Samsung service center locator page by clicking on this link: Samsung Service Center Locator.
- Enter your city or zip code in the search bar.
- Click on the search icon to find the nearest Samsung service center.
Before you go, remember to check your device’s warranty status. This is because if your Galaxy Z Flip 3 is still under warranty, the repair might be done for free. If not, you may need to pay for the repair service.