Are you struggling with your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4’s Bluetooth not turning on? A number of users have reported facing this issue with their devices.
Typically, this problem arises due to software glitches and can be resolved by applying simple fixes. This guide will walk you through these steps to troubleshoot and get Bluetooth working again.
Table of Contents
Fix 01: Restart the Device and Try Again
If your Galaxy Z Flip 4 Bluetooth is not turning on, it could be due to a minor software glitch. Restarting the device can often resolve such glitches.
Here are the steps to restart your Samsung Z Flip:
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume down button simultaneously until the power menu appears on the screen.
- Tap on the Restart option.
- Wait for the device to power off and then power back on.
Fix 02: Turn On Bluetooth in Settings
If the Bluetooth does not turn on from the quick settings panel due to some minor glitches, you can try turning it on from the main Settings menu.
If the Bluetooth turns on successfully, it means there was a temporary issue with the quick settings panel.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your Samsung Z Flip screen to access the app drawer.
- Locate and tap on the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Connections.
- Here, you’ll see the Bluetooth option. Tap on it.
- Now, toggle the switch next to Bluetooth to turn it on.
Fix 03: Clear Bluetooth App Data
If the Bluetooth service’s app data is corrupted, it can cause the Bluetooth to malfunction. Clearing the Bluetooth app data can resolve this issue.
Note: clearing the app data will remove all the Bluetooth connections you’ve previously made. You will need to pair your devices again.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung Z Flip.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps.
- In the list of apps, find and tap on Bluetooth. If you can’t find it, tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner and select Show system apps.
- Now, tap on Storage.
- Here, you’ll see two options: Clear Cache and Clear Data. Tap on both, one by one.
Restart your Galaxy Z Flip 4 after clearing the app data and try to turn on Bluetooth. If the issue was due to corrupted app data, this should fix it.
Fix 04: Do a Software Update
It is possible the Bluetooth not turning on issue on your Samsung Z Flip can be due to a software bug. The developers at Samsung are continually working on updates to fix any bugs or issues that users might be experiencing.
Therefore, it’s always a good idea to keep your device up-to-date. Here’s how you can update your device software (Make sure your device is charged or connected to a power source during the update process to prevent any interruptions.):
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Software update. This option is usually towards the bottom of the settings menu.
- Tap on Download and install. Your device will now check for any available updates. If there is an update available, it will be downloaded to your device.