A few Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 users have reported an issue with the device’s inner screen protector peeling off. If you’re facing this problem, don’t panic!
We created this guide to help you understand why this happening and what you can do about it. Let’s start by knowing what is this inner protective layer of your device.
Table of Contents
About the Inner Screen Protector of Your Galaxy Z Flip 4
Your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 comes with an inner screen protector that is designed to protect the device’s unique foldable display. This protector is made of a material known as Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU), a type of plastic that is renowned for its elasticity, transparency, and resistance to oil, grease, and abrasion.
This inner screen protector serves as a protective layer over the device’s screen, safeguarding it from scratches, dust, and minor impacts.
However, while this screen protector offers a degree of protection, it is not invincible. Just like any other screen protector, it can wear down over time.
Why The Inner Screen Protector is Peeling Off?
The inner screen protector of your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 might start peeling off due to a variety of reasons. According to our research, this could be a manufacturing issue or a result of certain user behaviors.
If it’s a manufacturing issue, it means that the protector was not properly adhered to the screen during the production process.
On the other hand, user behaviors can also lead to the peeling of the screen protector. Here are some common behaviors that could potentially cause this issue:
- Using the device in extremely cold environments: The adhesive used in the screen protector may not function properly in low temperatures, causing it to lose its grip on the screen.
- Not cleaning the screen properly: Dust and debris can accumulate on the screen over time. If not cleaned regularly, these particles can get under the protector and cause it to lift from the screen.
- Applying excessive pressure on the screen.
- Improper handling of the device.
In the next section, we will discuss what you should do if your device’s screen protector is peeling off. Stay tuned!
What You Should Do If Your Device’s Screen Protector is Peeling Off
If you notice that the inner screen protector of your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is starting to peel off, it’s important to understand that even without the screen protector, your device will still function as normal.
However, the absence of the protector does make the screen more prone to scratches and other potential damage.
Here’s what you can do:
- Visit an authorized Samsung repair center: If the peeling is significant, it’s best to take your device to an authorized Samsung repair center. The professionals there can replace the screen protector for you.
- Check your warranty: Samsung provides free inner screen protector replacement within the first year of purchase. So, if your device is still under warranty, you can get the screen protector replaced at no cost.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a sophisticated device that comes with a Thermoplastic polyurethane inner screen protector. However, due to manufacturing issues or certain user behaviors, this protector may start peeling off.
We hope this guide has been helpful in understanding and addressing the issue of the peeling screen protector. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.