The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 comes with the Superfast Charging feature, which reduces charging time significantly by powering up the device from 30W to 45W. Even so, some users have reported issues with the feature not functioning as expected.
This guide addresses the issue of Superfast Charging not working on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4. We will discuss 5 possible reasons behind the problem and provide 5 effective solutions to resolve it. Whether you’re a tech-savvy individual or just a regular user, we assure you that this guide will surely solve your problem.
Let’s get started!
Why SuperFast Charging Not Working on Some Z Flip 4
Understanding the root causes are very important for troubleshooting this problem because you can then determine the most effective solution and implement it to enable the optimal charging speed of the device.
Here are 5 potential explanations as to why the Superfast Charging functionality is not functioning as intended:
- Feature is Disabled: The Superfast Charging feature might be turned off in your device settings. This could happen accidentally or when you’re trying to adjust battery settings.
- Using Unsupported Charger or Cable: Not all chargers and cables support Superfast Charging. If you’re using a charger or cable that isn’t compatible with this feature, your device won’t be able to charge at the maximum speed.
- Charger or Cable is Damaged: Over time, chargers and cables can wear out or become damaged. This can affect their ability to deliver the necessary power for Superfast Charging.
- Software Bugs: Sometimes, software glitches can interfere with the Superfast Charging feature. This could be due to an outdated software version or a bug in a recent update.
- Hardware Issues: Superfast Charging may not function properly if there is an issue with the hardware of your smartphone, such as the battery or the charging port.
In the following sections, we’ll walk you through some troubleshooting steps to resolve each of these potential issues.
Fix 01: Make Sure Super Fast Charging is Enabled in Settings
Start by addressing the Superfast Charging issue on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 by ensuring it’s disabled in the settings. This feature may not be enabled by default and you might have accidentally turned it off.
Here’s how to ensure if the feature is enabled:
- Open Settings on your Galaxy Z Flip 4.
- Scroll down and tap on “Battery and device Care”.
- Tap on “Battery”.
- Tap on “more battery settings”.
- Look for “Superfast Charging” and make sure it’s toggled on. If it’s already on, try toggling it off and then back on again.
After ensuring that the Superfast Charging feature is enabled, plug your device into the charger. Check if you can see the superfast charging on the charging animation.
Fix 02: Check the Charger and Cable
One of the most common causes of this issue is the charger or the cable you are using. It’s crucial to use a genuine, compatible, and undamaged charger and cable to experience the benefits of Superfast Charging.
Checking Charger Compatibility
Ensure your charger supports Superfast Charging, as not all chargers are equal and do not have the necessary power output. If you’re using a different charger, check the charger’s specifications for compatibility with your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 original charger.
Inspecting the Charger and Cable for Damage
Over time, chargers and cables become damaged due to regular wear and tear. Check your charger and cable for any visible signs of damage, such as fraying wires or bent prongs. If you notice any damage, it’s best to replace them immediately as they not only affect charging speed but also pose a potential safety risk.
Purchasing Genuine Chargers and Cables
When buying a new charger or cable, it’s a wise decision to ensure that they are genuine Samsung products. Non-genuine or counterfeit chargers and cables are not always tailored to your needs and could potentially damage your device. Genuine Samsung cables and chargers are available through authorized dealers or on the Samsung website.
Fix 03: Restart the Z Flip 4 and Charge
Sometimes, the simplest solution to a problem is the most effective one. In the case of your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4’s superfast charging feature not working, a simple restart of your device will potentially resolve the issue. Restarting does this by clearing temporary software glitches that prevent the feature from functioning properly.
Go through the following steps to Restart your device:
- Press and hold the “Power” button and the “Volume Down” button simultaneously.
- Once the power menu appears, select “Restart”.
- Wait for your device to restart completely before attempting to charge it again.
Once your device is restarted, plug the device into your charger and check if the superfast charging feature is now working. If the problem persists, don’t worry. We have 2 more solutions to try in the following sections.
Fix 04: Do a Software Update
Software updates are essential for optimal device functioning, as it introduces new features and fixes bugs that hinder certain features, like superfast charging. It’s recommended to keep your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 updated to the latest software.
Before you proceed with the update, ensure that the device has a stable internet connection and is charged at least up to 50%.
This is the path to update your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4:
- Head over to Settings.
- Tap on Battery and device care.
- Tap on Software update.
- Then, tap on Download and install.
Do not turn off your device until the update is completed.
Once the update is installed, check as before. If the problem still persists, the best thing to do is to take it to a Samsung repair center.
Fix 05: Check The Charging Port From Samsung Repair Center
If all the above solutions fail to resolve the superfast charging issue on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, it might be time to consider a hardware problem. The charging port of your device could be damaged or malfunctioning, which can significantly affect the charging speed.
To check the charging port, take your device to a Samsung repair center for accurate diagnosis and efficient repair because that process requires professional tools and expertise. Bring your purchase receipt and warranty card, as free or reduced-cost repairs may be available if your device is still under warranty.
It’s always better to get your device checked and repaired from authorized Samsung repair centers to avoid further damage and to ensure quality service.
The Superfast Charging feature on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a great way to charge your device quickly. However, if it doesn’t work as expected, it can be frustrating.
We hope this guide has solved your problem. If you found any other solution apart from the ones shown here to share with us we’d love to hear from you. Your feedback not only helps us improve our content but also aids other Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 users experiencing the same issue.